Do you enjoy helping people? Do you love gadgets and gizmos as much as you love working with people? Then we want to talk to you about our Medical Secretary/Technician position. Envision Ghent Optometry is looking to add a positive and upbeat Medical Secretary/Technician to help us give patients a 5-star experience every time they’re here. In Eye Care, we change people’s lives. We help grandma and grandpa keep their independence by saving their eyesight. We help kids get better grades because they can finally see the board! We prevent devastating traffic accidents, allow parents to take in every detail on their children’s faces, and help people enjoy a higher quality of life – because life is so much better when you can SEE. If you want a career where you can directly impact the well-being of your community, this is it! This is a full-time position at our office with the opportunity for career growth.
- Professional & neat appearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to multitask
- Have a positive and upbeat attitude
- Calm under pressure
- Detail Oriented
- Self starter and able to work independently
- Ability to be compassionate with our patients
- Enjoys learning
- Able and willing to forward the goals of the practice
Some of your duties will include:
- Taking the patient back to the exam room and verifying their medical history
- Spending 15+ minutes with each patient before the doctor comes in, performing duties such as measuring retinal function, peripheral vision, and retinal thickness; and taking retinal photographs. (You’ll be using the same type of instruments NASA uses on the space station!)
- Consistent cross-training for optimum career growth
- Taking notes for the doctor during the patient’s exam.
- Ordering proper tests based on the doctor’s diagnoses.
- Properly coding procedures so everything gets paid by the patient’s insurance.
What we offer:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 9am-5pm, Tuesday 10am-5pm, Friday 9:00am-4pm; NO WEEKENDS!
- Competitive pay
- Production Based incentive plans
- Friendly working environment
- Vacation Time
- Holiday Pay
- Medical and Vision Benefits
- 401k-Further Education & Training